Eugène VOROBIEV Enseignant-chercheur
Professeur | GP - Génie des Procédés | TIMR - Transformations Intégrées de la Matière Renouvelable
Educational background and diplomas
1975 - Diploma of engineer, Technological Institute of Food Industry, National University of Food Industry, Kiev, Ukraine
1980 - PhD in Technical Sciences. Speciality: Process Engineering, National University of Food Industry of Ukraine.
1984 – Diploma of senior scientist, High commission of classification of Soviet Union.
1997 – Dr abil., University of Technology of Compiegne, France.
- Professor, Department of Process Engineering (former Department of Chemical Engineering), University of Technology of Compiègne, France, 1997 to present.
- Associated professor, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Technology of Compiègne, France (1995-1997).
- Contractual lecturer-researcher, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Technology of Compiègne, France (1994-1995).
- Visiting scientist, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Technology of Compiègne, France (grant of the French Government), 1993.
- Senior scientist and director of the Laboratory of Separation Processes of the Soviet (then Ukrainian) Research Institute of Sugar Industry (1984-1993).
- Researcher, then senior scientist of the Soviet Research Institute of Sugar Industry, 1980-1984.
- PhD student, Polytechnic Institute of Kiev, Ukraine (1977- 1980).
- Engineer, UkrNIISP, Kiev, Ukraine (1975- 1977).
- Coordinator of research team TAI « Agro-Industrial Technologies », 1997 to present.
- Responsible for the speciality Sustainable Technologies, Master «Transformation and valorisation of Agro-resources » (from 2008).
- Président of the Scientific Council of IFTS (“Institut de la Filtration et des Techniques Séparatives”) from 2007; member of the Scientific Council of IFTS from 2003.
- Co-editor, « Electrotechnologies for Extraction from Food Plants and Biomaterials » (Springer, New York, 2008).
- Guest editor, Separation and Purification Technology, (2007, 58(2)).
- Member of Editorial Board, Separation and Purification Technology.
- Member of Editorial Board, Food Engineering Reviews.
- Member of Editorial Board, Filtration.
- Co-editor, Journal of Physical Separations.
- Reviewer for international journals: AIChE Journal, Chemical Engineering Science , « Journal of Food Engineering, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Journal of Food Science, and some others.
- Referee for the Israel Science Foundation (2005).
- Referee for the Chilean National Fund FONDECYT (2008).
- Expert of French agencies ANR and Anvar.
- Expert of French-Quebec Council for the universities cooperation (2010).
Organising of conferences
- Chair of Organising Committee. European Conference on Fluid-Particle Separation FPS2010 (will be held in Lyon, France, 5-7 October 2010).
- Chair of Organising Committee. International Conference on Bio and Food Electrotechnologies, BFE 2009, 22-23 October 2009, Compiegne, France.
- Chair of Organising Committee. 2nd European Conference on Filtration and Separation, 2006, 15- 16 October 2006, Compiegne, France.
- Chair of Organising Committee. International Conference on Emerging Solid/Liquid Séparation Technologies ICEST,10-11 October 2002 , Compiegne, France.
- Co-Chair of Organising Committee. French-Ukrainian symposium on the new agro-industrial technologies, 25-26 October 2001, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Member of Scientific Committee and session chair. International Conferences: Filtech Europe 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, World Filtration Congresses 9 and 10, EMChIE 2006.
- International Society of Food Engineering.
- French Society Génie des Procédés Industriels.
- The Filtration Society. Member of the Council in 2003 -2008.
- Société Française de Séparation Fluide – Particules” (SF2P). Member-founder.
- Ukrainian Filtration Association. Organiser and president in 1992-1994.
Honors and awards
- Laureate of the Price for the innovative technique for the environment 2008, awarded by Pollutec and ADEME.
- Gold Medal of The Filtration Society awarded for 2001.
- Visiting scientist, University of Technology of Compiègne, France (grant of the French Government), 1993.
- Member of Ukrainian Academy of Technology, 1992.